Vaginal Itching

Hi mommies, does anyone experience vaginal itching especially at the vaginal lips? Currently I'm 26 weeks and I noticed an increase in vaginal discharge hence I usually wear a pantyliner and change during the day and at night I will wear a pad and sleep. But I'm also experiencing severe itching throughout the day. I'm trying my best not to scratch but sometimes it's so hard not to. I don't think I have any infection and I have recently changed to a feminine wash so the itching had reduced significantly but it's still there. How do I get rid of it?#firstbaby #firsttimemom #pleasehelp

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've been experiencing the itching esp on the vaginal lips area as well from the start of second trimester as well as increased discharge. As for me after I shaved down there & wash with feminine wash, it was so much better. But of course the itching still comes and go but bearable. As for the discharge, you may check w your gynae on this. They'll usually provide pessary to insert in your vagina and normally within 2-3 days the discharge will lessen. Try to avoid panty liner when you sleep, otherwise be sure to change every few hours. i'd normally wear panty liner only when im out.

Read more
5mo ago

I checked with my gynae, did a vaginal culture but no infection. Dr says the increased vaginal discharge is normal and gave me cream to apply to my vagina to help with the itching when necessary. So far I haven't used it as I changed my pantyliner brand and feminine wash. The itchiness stopped after

im 25 weeks now and my vaginal lip used to itch when i wear the pantyliner for too long. but when i do not wear any pad or pantyliner, the itching stops. it seems that the "wetness" on the pantyliner caused my vaginal lip to itch badly. but recently i used a different brand of pantyliner (kotex herbal) and the itch is gone. but i still change the liner if i find it too wet.

Read more
5mo ago

I followed your recommendation of pantyliner. with kotex herbal, the itching reduced significantly

Im also having the same experience, vaginal itching especially on the lip area. I even see some drops of blood stain on my pantyliner on areas i scratched. Anyone experienced bleeding after scratching vaginal lip area?

5mo ago

I did. Cos you're scratching too hard haha...I guess the area is extra sensitive and dry so got bleeding after scratching so intensely. Best to check with your gynae

I have itching but not at vaginally area. my Dr said its hormonal so she prescribed medication. u may want to check with your doctor :)

Might be infection. Let your gynae knows during your next visit

5mo ago

I checked with my gynae, did a vaginal culture but no infection. Dr says the increased vaginal discharge is normal

Use cetaphil wash.

5mo ago

I changed to Betadine at my gynae's recommendation