FTS in KKH

Hi mommies, anyone did FTS risk test recently? May i know what to expect and what kind of test is being done? #1sttimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Did mine around wk 9 checkup (2-3 wks ago). The nurse brought me to a room for a consultation on FTS (90% accuracy, blood test ultrasound ) and NIPT (99%, blood test). Normally ppl take FTS first. If the result is medium/high risk, it is recommended to go for NIPT. But some people take both at the same times depending on the risk factor/accuracy / different chromosomes checked (baby gender can be known through NIPT). Cost for FTS was ~$200 after subsidy (50%) and NIPT $800 before and $500-600 after subsidy. After agreeing on the test(s), they withdrew blood. It prolly took 20-30mins. 2 wks later I went back (around wk 12 ) for ultrasound to check structure (nasal bone, Michael translucency etc). I was there for 1-1.5 hours. Received full report right after ultrasound. Good luck 🤗

Read more

I did not do FTS test for both children of mine. End day it is up to parents to proceed with this test. They will explain to you in details of what this scan is about. Results will have a follow up with ultrasound 2 weeks later (if i correctly remember). Should you decline, all other follow up for FTS will be cancelled.

Read more

They’ll do a detailed scan and check for abnormalities. They’ll check for nasal bone, nuchal translucency, chromosomes to rule out Down Syndrome risks. The scan can take 20-30mins. They’ll also probably take your blood and your husband’s blood if you’re a FTM to check for any thalessemia carriers etc.

Read more
2y ago

mine at kkh, exact same steps. the scan may take longer if bb is not in cooperative position.

please mum siti hawa Chua @ gek marine Chua pregnant 8months k.k women and children hospital doctor goes talk from mum siti so now 8months you pregnant girl yes be-carefully please mum siti hawa Chua @ gek marine Chua don't worry going away work ok

If you think you’re high risk and need to know Down syndrome test results, then better go for NIPT than FTS. NIPT is more accurate and blood test only.