Cracked nipples

Hi mom any mom know why do I get crack nips? It’s super painful when I pump now any advice to make it feel better? #f1rstimemom #breastfeeding

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

All that friction from pumping and breastfeeding taking a toll on your nips. Is your flange size correct? If u have no idea, it might be good to book to see a lactation consultant at your hospital. I also found using silverettes help a lot. Those are basically silver cups tt u put a drop of bm in, then place over your nips to help them heal. It helped my painful nips tremendously in the first few months.

Read more
1mo ago

Yea, don't have to be silverettes brand, those are really quite pricey. As long as it's a silver nipple cup, it's fine. Besides helping to heal, the cups themselves help to prevent your bra from rubbing against your already painful nips by serving as a barrier.

As mentioned above, most likely a wrong flange size. You can apply baby safe coconut oil onto your flange and nipples to reduce friction during pumping, after pumping apply nipple cream(preferred)/breastmilk. You can wear disposable breast pads to prevent further friction against clothings/bras.

2w ago

Can.

You can put a bit of breastmilk on your nipple after every pump or feed to help in healing nipples. It helps me when my baby started to have teeth

2w ago

yes please try putting breastmilk on your nipples. it helped mine!

you can apply breastmilk on your nipple or apply some nipple cream