How do I know how much milk my baby needs?

My maternity leave is almost up and I'll be returning to work soon. Baby will be at IF when I'm at work. Have been exclusively breastfeeding baby for awhile and only recently introduced the bottle. How do I know how much milk my baby needs because it seems every time she's bottlefed, she asks for more. The amount I give is based on this feeding chart.

How do I know how much milk my baby needs?
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have also been exclusively breastfeeding and my LO just started IFC yesterday. I provided them 120ml. Good thing about my IFC is they inform me how much my LO drinks. Yesterday was 100ml and 80ml Today is 70ml So probably i will just prepare 110ml from tomorrow onwards so not so much goes to waste. They did mention that for full day IFC, normally 3 portions is enough. But they will ask to provide 4 just in case. So if your LO needs more, they can just top up

Read more

You can follow the chart stated subsequently adjust the ml/feeding gaps according to the needs of your LO. Once you are in the centre, you may wish to inform them how your LO are being fed. This is what I did for my LO that just got to IFC.