Newborn malaysian in SG

Hi, any malaysian recently delivered here? My husband and i are both PR here. I'm going to deliver and do my confinement here soon. I know once baby born, we need to do birth cert, msian citizenship and passport. Since there are so much of restrictions due to Covid, may i know what is the latest procedure? Planning to apply PR for baby too. Do i need to apply long term pass first or straight can apply PR and how to apply? How long is the waiting time for PR approval for baby? #advicepls #pleasehelp

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi there, After you have done the birth cert and passport, you will then need to apply for Long term visit pass, LTVP, because applying for PR is going to take some time. PRship can be applied via ICA website and can take about 4-6months.

3y ago

This website has instructions https://www.kln.gov.my/web/sgp_singapore/birth_marriage_cert

u can apply for PR directly instead of getting ltvp 1st. the downside is tt bb won't be able to get any insurance coverage after birth if you do so.

3y ago

Without LTVP, how long baby can stay in sg? PR gonna take few months for approval right.