Milk teats

My LO is about 3 months and a week old. I have been using hegen slow teats for 1 month+ since he was born. I attempted to change his milk teats to medium (which is meant for 3month+) but he is not too happy with it 😞 any advise please, is it okay for me to continue with the slow teats? TIA!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yeah mine too. She’s 4 months and I tried using teats for 3m+ (Avent) and was too fast for her. And her Dr Brown’s teats for 3m+ is too slow for her. I didn’t wanna try the next level which is for 6m+ so I stopped using Dr Brown’s bottles for now. I’d say go with baby’s flow.

Read more

I was told by a lactation consultant not to change teat if baby is still breastfeeding. Mine is on mixed feeding - 2 or 3 times bottle feed a day and the rest breastfeed so, I still keep his teat to the lowest level. So, don't change if u are still breastfeeding him.

mine I always change like 1 mth after the usual teat should change month, like 3mths ones, I change when baby ard 4 to 5 month.. as too fast, they may get choke and sometimes they just not used to it yet

No worries is okay not to change. Mine also still using Hegen slow teat from birth till now already passed 4mths. As long as your LO not taking time to finish is ok.

I’m still using slow flow for my 5 mo. The medium teat 2 seems to make my baby gassy so I tink it is too fast for him

Super Mum

Go with his flow. Probably he isn’t used to the flow of milk when you made the change or he isn’t ready