Extreme lethargy & nausea at 6 weeks pregnant.

Hi ladies! Just wondering if anyone had the same symptoms? Did it last throughout the 9mths or stop at a certain period? The fatigue and nausea seems to go on 24/7. Cant even do a simple chore without forcing myself to get up.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was super lethargic during my 1st trimester like i can fall asleep anywhere everywhere. But then when in 2nd trimester ive this surge of energy to do house chores and whatnot! But it didnt last! Once i entered 3rd trimester back to super lazy, super sleepy, super lethargic and with my big tummy definitely it didnt help 😂

Read more

Hello there! I was feeling extremely tired and sleepy from Week 5 through Week12. But it gets better afterwards. For me, I didn’t try to force myself to fight the tiredness. I just listen to my body more and be more intuitive. Our body is working hard to provide a home for our little one. Hang in there ❤️❤️

Read more

Yes! It is normal. I was very tired in my first trimester. I also had HG so I was on HL from Week 7 to Week 12! All I did was sleep (and puke) throughout the duration of my HL. Started regaining energy in my mid trimester. No worries, be kind to yourself and just get all the rest you need. The hormones are balancing out :)

Read more
2y ago

hoping my turn will end soon. 🤞🏼thank you so much for the kind advise. You take care too!

Everyone’s pregnancy and symptoms are different. I had extreme fatigue for a couple of days in week 5, then on and off not all the time since then till 27 weeks now. No nausea at all though. But some days the fatigue is real. Listen to your body and rest. You are creating a human ❤️

hello! i had nausea from week 6 to week 16 of my pregnancy and it gradually subsided.. thou sometimes there are bad days that can trigger the nausea but it is very manageable now that it is almost gone. for lethargy, I still feel it now at 23 weeks pregnant. Hang in there momma!

2y ago

I did tell my gynae about my nausea and he prescribed diclectin - a form of pregnancy safe nausea medicine. That said, the meds only helped a little. On most days, I just tolerate the nausea with sour candies. Taking small meals helped. I live by plain crackers, cold milo and cereals in cold milk most of the days when nausea is bad because I didn't like the smell of hot soupy food.

I had it throughout my first pregnancy, with maybe of 2 weeks of break only (2nd trimester).. Symptoms got worsen if I in moving vehicle.. I don’t even need to force myself up, because even I am awake I just dosed off without knowing it.. 😅

Mine stopped at my 14th week. The lethargy is on and off but more manageable once I hit my second trimester although sometimes I doze off in the middle of the day. I’m at my 22nd week now.

2y ago

Thank you 😊 take care and may you have a smooth pregnancy journey too.

Yep I’m in week 7 and am feeling the same! Have really bad indigestion too. Am hoping things will get better in a few weeks 😭

2y ago

I think fizzy drinks are not advised as they are acidic and high in sugar. A bit should be fine! Sparkling water is a good alternative :) It’s only a temporary remedy for me though! The burping made me feel slightly better but for a while only :P

will likely go off when you approach second trimester, but for a handful of mummies, they suffer this throughout the pregnancy

2y ago

oh dear.. salute those mummies that goes through this throughout the pregnancy. hoping this will end as soon as i enter 2nd trimester. 🤞🏼

It will likely go off. I'm at week 12 now and nausea is gone. Lethargic...on and off though.

2y ago

No. I didn't do anything to tackle it. Maybe because mine was manageable so I tahan only.