Brown discharge at W33+

Hi ladies, first time mom here and I’m currently week 33+ and I got a scare when I woke up this morning with some brown discharge. I called gynae and was asked to monitor and rest. Does anyone have this experience? Am so worried that baby is coming out soon. Besides some constipation which doc said might cause the strain, I don’t have any other symptoms. Appreciate any sharing to ease my anxiety! Thanks.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! I completely understand how scary it must have been to wake up and see that brown discharge. It's great that you called your gynae and were advised to monitor and rest. It's good that you don't have any other symptoms besides constipation, which could be causing the strain. It's important to take it easy and follow your doctor's advice. Many moms have experienced this and it doesn't necessarily mean that the baby is coming out soon. Brown discharge can be a sign of old blood and doesn't always indicate labor. However, it's always best to stay in touch with your healthcare provider and keep them updated on any changes or concerns. In the meantime, make sure you're staying hydrated and eating high-fiber foods to help with the constipation. Rest as much as you can and try to relax - stress won't help either of you. If you notice any other symptoms or the discharge becomes heavier or changes in color, definitely reach out to your doctor again. I hope this eases your anxiety a bit. Hang in there, mama! You've got this. Wishing you a smooth rest of your pregnancy journey. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

it could be ur mucus plug. but not to worry so much usually when that happens it will take a while depends on individual . just monitor ur baby movements, if u have extreme cramps, or bleeding.

1mo ago

My friend went to walk in nature park for 2 hours nonstop. the next day she got bleeding. She was about 26 weeks then.

try monitoring every pad you change and take a picture. if you think it's stressing you too much, maybe you can go kkh for a safe mind