Spotting 10 days till Week 5

I’ve had light dry brown spotting 4 days before my period was due. I tested positive the day my period was supposed to come. Brown Spotting continued daily till today (10 days since first spotting). I went to A&E today to have it checked out, embryo with yolk sac could be seen within the uterus (hence ruled out ectopic pregnancy). Did a blood test and will redo again in 2 days to check if hCg doubles. I wonder if it’s normal to have brown spotting (no fresh blood streaks), doctor said it’s unusual to have implantation bleeding this long. Appreciate if anyone can share some experiences? Thank you in advance. #advicepls #pleasehelp #firstbaby

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I personally know of women who spot/bleed throughout their pregnancies and are classified as unexplained bleeding but go on to birth healthy babies if this makes you feel better. It could be hormonal and difficult even for medical professionals to pinpoint the exact reason why one is bleeding, unfortunately 😔 I’d advice you to take bed rest whenever possible and also, request for duphaston (oral progesterone) pills from your gynae to stabilise your pregnancy. My own personal experience with spotting lasted from weeks 7 to 17 and it was due to cervical polyps. After my gynae removed the polyps, my spotting stopped entirely and I am currently in week 27 of my pregnancy. You might want to ask your gynae to check for polyps to rule that out.

Read more
2y ago

Thank you for sharing your experience! ◡̈