isit ok to feed store bought purees for baby solids?

isit ok to feed store bought purees for baby solids? we are both working parents and don't really have the time to prep home made solid. was wondering if store bought puree is ok for baby since they have sugars in it?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Honestly, alot will say make own puree is best bla bla bla ofc its best if you have time but if you dont, as long as baby is fed its fine! I also bought store bought baby food, and baby is msotly on food pouches even till now 11 months. Maybe you can try buy those no sugar no salt or can easily get from shopee! Dont stress too much on it! Its not like its tons of sugar in it

Read more

Well since you already have mentioned that neither of you have the time to prep the puree then there's no other choice besides buying packaged purees. Pretty sure there're other working parents who also bought packaged purees for convenience sake. Just try to make time during weekends to prep the food yourself

Read more

There are no sugar added food pouches like Deliciously Bib, Only Organics. They really taste like no salt no sugar, and are delicious too. But for fruits I give real fruits cuz fruit pouches are very sweet, even though they say no sugar added.

I do feed my baby store bought purées as I’m also a working mom and do not have time to cook for baby. But I think it’s also good to incorporate home cook meals with fresh ingredients time to time.

I do use store bought puree when going out and no time to cook. An alternative is to prep one week's worth and freeze using those silicone cubes. Just microwave to defrost and warm after that.

I did that! It’s convenient in the beginning when we were making sure that our LO is not allergic to any food.

heard the ingredients are not good for babies. personally I'll prep the purée myself as it is easier and safer

TapFluencer

my LOs had pre-packaged purees too...

yes its fine