Down syndrome tests

Isit compulsory for the above test and what does it help to find out? Any idea how much it cost for private and how long for result to be kmow?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you do the NIPT test (harmony test) at KKH, it will cost $750. The accuracy for Down syndrome is >99%. It can also test other chromosomes defects. And it is able to tell you the gender of your baby😁 I did the test as I am 41yrs old, hence rather high risk... Hope the above information is useful to you. Take good care and may you and baby be healthy❤️

Read more

its optional, also depends on how old both you and your hb are.. if you both are young and healthy and no family history then some people might skip it. Private tests are around $1100-1400, depending on the brand, results come back in 2 wk, the clinic i go to will call to inform first.

VIP Member

Its optional. Helps to find out how high are the chances of u having a DS bby by looking at your scans and yr blood test.. fr u and partner to decide. Prices u have to check with the hosp. Results is usually given at the following checkup after the test lah

3y ago

what is DS