Would you consider sending your child to an international school (e.g. Singapore American School, Canadian International School, Overseas Family School)
Would you consider sending your child to an international school (e.g. Singapore American School, Canadian International School, Overseas Family School)
Voice your Opinion
No, it is so expensive and not worth it!
I think so, they have a better curriculum
Others (please comment)

830 responses

46 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes. For some context, I went to local schools. My sister had some learning difficulties and went to international schools. My older one has learning issues and goes to an international school. My younger one has just finished local primary school. The local curriculum and schools do work very well for some kids but not so well for others. I find it to be a good thing when one is able to have options International schools are also varied, with different curriculums and philosophies. So you do have to do your research to see which best suits the child’s needs and your philosophies . For those with learning difficulties especially, historically, the options in the local system have been more limited.

Read more

Singaporeans are not allowed and child needs “special” permission from Sg Govt which sucks. Why should expats be entitled to international schools only Why can’t locals also decide whether we want to send our kids there and decide what kind of educational system we want our kids to grow up on rather than being dictated and only permitted to local schools unless we get special permission from MOE that our kids can’t fit into local schools and then permitted to international schools.

Read more

My family cannot afford it, but I do know it's multi cultural from many countries and they probably have another approach to things so that is a plus Nonetheless I do believe the Singapore education is good too... Probably the intense competition to enrol into a school worries me. But I can think about that in yrs to come ;)

Read more

Way too pricey tbh, and their education system won’t benefit local students. I used to work in a kumon part time for 4 years, and majority of the students in my centre are international school students. And the ones studying secondary school level, still have problems with fractions, multiplication and divisions

Read more

Lol expat parents desperate to send their kids to local schools so why would I want to send my kids to their overly expensive arrogant schools

Singapore schools and curriculum are recognized. No necessity for an international school unless i have intentions of migrating.

VIP Member

Why? I am not planning to migrate. Anyway our local school's examination certification is recognized worldwide.

we'd very much want our child to attend an international school for the richness of education and opportunity

I wouldnt mind if its something that i can afford. I think the exposure and influence would be good

they are expensive, but I think they are better in terms of curriculum