Induce or C-sect? Pls help

Am in a position whereby my baby's head is borderline big. I.e. 9.8cm in diameter. Gynae gave me option whether to induce (but gave a 60% success rate) or to c sect. Any mums out there have advice for both? Thank you so much! #1stimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Honestly, If there is a better option than either of the two like normal/natural delivery I would prefer to advice you that. But given your situation, if the doctor suggested you have C-section as the head circumference of the baby is too big I’d probably rather have a scheduled c-section. If you go with being induced it may high likely still end up with emergency c-section and may cause you more expenses than a scheduled one. Just to quickly share, I had an emergency c-section with my first baby and VBAC (natural delivery) with my second baby. I was induced with my first pregnancy due to leaking amniotic fluid plus 39 weeks or almost 40 weeks but with just 1cm dilated cervix. Contractions are more frequent and intense when you have yourself induced - considering the fact that I have high pain tolerance, that’s how I felt as compared to when I went through natural/normal labor pains with my second pregnancy. Additionally, my baby experienced fetal distress and for a moment lost his heartbeat in the process, hence emergency C-section had to be performed.

Read more

hi mummy! my gynae told me that my baby is on the bigger side and that the chances for c sect is higher, but did not force me to have c sect as i want to try for natural delivery. i was induced at 40+2, still did not dilate, and ended up having csect. personally, now, i will follow my gynae's recommendation to save myself from additional pain :)

Read more