In my 34 weeks, having on and off abdomen pain. Quite painful at times. Even when lying on the bed, changing of position doesn't help at all. Any idea what's happening? Should I call the hospital?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Are you experience pain on the right side of your rib cage? You may want to describe the sensation to your doctor. Abdominal pain is not normal at this stage and if what you are feeling is constant lower abdomen pain, find out what you have consumed before such as barley water, pineapple etc. You can consider seeking advise from TCM or Ayurveda Doctor if this is food related. Otherwise, please consult your doctor.

Read more

It could be Braxton Hicks contractions.. they can begin as early as the second trimester are most commonly experienced in the third trimester. Are the muscles of your uterus tightening for approximately 30 to 60 seconds, and sometimes as long as two minutes? If the pain increases in intensity and frequency, you might want to call your doctor right away.

Read more
8y ago

The pain in the abdomen lasted quite long. As for uterus, the pain is not as frequent as abdomen.

Maybe u should see ur gynae, I'm having that 2 wks ago. And it states that my womb is rather low and baby head is in ready position. And was advise to be bedded instead of moving about. And I'm much better.