For working mums, do you slow down at your work, take more MCs during pregnancy?

I'm at my week 12. I find myself slowing down and taking more MCs than normal due to constant fatigue and nausea. Feeling guilty. I'm haven't informed my company about my pregnancy and upcoming maternity leave yet. When do you inform your company about it?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As soon as I know that I'm pregnant and given first appt, ill inform my boss and in charge. This is to ensure they understand my situation, lessen my load. If I take MC, they would know why but as much as possible Ill find ways to reduce the fatigue and nausea so that I dont feel guilty with my colleagues that covers my spot if im not around. Though we are entitled but atleast we dont feel guilt towards others.

Read more

I’ve definitely slowed down a lot more at work. The fatigue and nausea make concentrating at work a lot harder. I informed my company about my pregnancy at 12w because I also felt guilty about my regular absence.

Yes i feel the same. I told my managers at week 10 as i started feeling bad taking mc for medical check ups. They’re very supportive. I find it hard to focus and it has affect my productivity.