I'm using avent steriliser. it stays up to 6hrs as stated. if I'm going to be out the whole day, how? I can bring out sterilised bottles but I'm staying out more than 8hrs. how?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i will normally go to shopping mall and use the hot water to sterilize in the nursing room if its available. If not, i will bring my hot thermo water and use it to sterilise my bottle before making milk. it is widely recommended that you continue to sterilise your baby's bottles until the age of one. After that, their immune system should have developed providing a much higher tolerance to germs. ultimately, sterilising your baby bottles is a choice. Some mothers feel strongly for it while others feel that its a waste of time. Trust your own instinct

Read more

Actually, I'm not very particular about the sterilizing stays for 6Hrs. So long as it's thoroughly washed, sterilized and kept clean. I will just let my sons used them, so far they are all good. If you are worry, you can use the hot water at the nursing room to go through them before using. Some of my friends didn't even sterilize their bottles since birth, while some stop using sterilizer when their bbs were just few months old. All their kids are also healthy & well now. So, it's kind of subjective i supposed!

Read more

As for me, some shopping mall at children department or even restaurants they do have hot water so I will go ask for hot water to steriliser bottles. just beware some restaurants will want you to pay for the hot water. I tell them I making milk for my baby.

Agree, don't worry about bottles not being sterilized because once you open the sterilizer, it's no longer sterile anyway. If you're still concerned then just get the bottle rinsed with hot water from nursing rooms or restaurants.

Actually you don't have to worry about those sterilized bottles. They will be fine. Been using for all my 4 kids and they are going up healthily. Just cover it and it show work out well. Don't be too paranoid about it.

Read more