Natural or C section?

I'm stuck between going for natural or C-section. Pls share your experience. Reasons why I'm considering C-section: 1. I have unexplainable backache since I was a teenager. 2. It's more predictable and my husband can plan to be around during that period. 2. A lot of my friends ended up having to go for emergency c section after prolonged labour. 3. Edd is extremely close to a loved one's death anniversary. Family expressed concern about baby coming out on same date. #advicepls #1stimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Have you asked your gynae for opinion? He/she should know better whichever option is the best for you, based on your pregnancy's health. I gave birth on Feb. Throughout my pregnancy, I had a lot of scare including the emergency c-sect. Because I had high amniotic fluid, based on gynae's estimation, my baby was big and during the labour, both mine and baby's heart rate was high. I had fever on the day itself due to the preterm leaking of my waterbag hence I had an infection and induced to deliver. Dilation was pretty slow, our heart rate was still high and gynae hoped I don't need to undergo an emergency c-sect since I've had natural deliveries before. I hate to think of the c-sect pain and that it really makes me scared. I started pushing at 8cm dilated. Minutes later, I gave birth to my premature birth. All in all it took me 3 hrs. All my deliveries, only the 4th one took me 12 hrs long. My 1st delivery took me 6 hrs. I prefer natural as the recovery is quick and less pain. BUT, please go ahead with whatever your choice is. There is no right or wrong. Still, ask your gynae for opinion?

Read more
3y ago

Thank you! 🥰