Dark underarms in early pregnancy

Hi! I’m starting to notice dark underarms in my first trimester. Not sure if it’s safe to be using deodorant (those with whitening effect) or just apply aloe vera gel to lighten them. What are some other areas that will darken and should be taken note of? #advicepls #firsttimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! It’s normal and it will return to normal after birth. I do use roll on deodorant (when I go out for long hours, I’m not very particular and knowledgeable on skincare so I just use what I had) and after shower I use wet wipes to rub off the dark areas. It’s not permanent so just normal cleansing will do. No need to apply aloe or any creams.. Other areas that will also darken during pregnancy are areas near, around and on your pubic area, around your nipples and belly button.

Read more

your body and skin will go through alot of changes .. my skin is so dry and itchy, my nipples and underarms got darker, my body had random dark spots .. all these are normal during pregnancy and will go away . i still use and practice my normal routine and products . don't think whitening products will do anythign to it . they will go away by itself after pregnancy . :)

Read more

its normal and unfortunately unable to whiten it haha. dont worry, it will lighten overtime after u give birth 👍

No need to do anything as it is temporary. It is one of the many pregnancy things some moms experience.