heavy make up, hair dye, nail polish while pregnant 2nd tri

I'm pregnant, already in the second trimester. Is it okay if I still like to use makeup, dye my hair, do hair treatments, etc.? Even nail polish... Does anyone have any experiences/opinions on this? Do I really have to stop doing these things???

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there! Congratulations on your pregnancy! It's totally understandable to have questions about using makeup, dyeing your hair, and doing hair treatments during pregnancy. Using makeup is generally safe during pregnancy, but it's important to check the ingredients in your products and avoid anything with harsh chemicals. As for hair dye and treatments, it's best to wait until after the first trimester to be on the safe side. But if you really want to color your hair, consider using ammonia-free or natural dyes, and make sure to do it in a well-ventilated area. When it comes to nail polish, it's generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Just make sure to use it in a well-ventilated area and avoid any products containing harmful chemicals like formaldehyde. Every pregnancy is different, so it's always a good idea to consult with your healthcare provider before making any decisions. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific situation. Remember, it's important to prioritize your health and the health of your baby during pregnancy. But that doesn't mean you have to give up everything you enjoy! Just be mindful of the products you're using and take steps to minimize any potential risks. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy journey! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

is it so important for you to do all that and risk the development of your baby? if so, then do whatever you like. but if your baby's development is important to you, take a break and try to keep all harmful chemicals away during this time. its just 9 months. its better to be safe than sorry. these days, alot of children have alot of challenges like autism, adhd, and we dont know the actual cause of it. take care mummy.

Read more

On dying hair, maybe try to get them to use natural treatments and are ammonia free. I think some salons will avoid scalp too. Same for nail polish, there are safe options out there that are not too toxic, maybe refrain from acrylics if possible. Makeup shouldn’t be an issue!

I still use make up, did not change my skincare routine, dyed hair but used ammonia free hair dye, did hair treatment in salon, gel manicure and eyelash extensions. All are good to me. Nothing happened.

strictly no nail polish and hair dyes! be mindful of your make up products and skincare as well, harmful ingredients could be absorbed through your skin and it'll affect your baby

Huh i did everything as per normal. Even ate sashimi every now and then. Not encouraging you to do the same but dont worry too much babe.

I think generally it's fine so long there are no harsh chemical in those products. I did gel manicure and pedicure too

🤍

💕