Formula milk brand

Im planning to mix feed my baby with bm and fm. Reason for this is to top-up in case my supply falls short. Then subsequently feed him fm every night before bedtime. My boy just turned 3 months and i recently fed him with bm + lactogen. He drank all but the next day he had constipation. So that's when i know the brand doesnt suit him or he probably doesn't take mix feeding well. But i wanna try again with a different brand. Any recommendations?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's wonderful that you're considering mixed feeding for your baby. It can indeed help provide flexibility and ensure your little one gets enough nourishment. It's not uncommon for babies to react differently to different formula milk brands, so finding the right one for your baby is key. Constipation can sometimes occur when transitioning between breast milk and formula, or when changing formula brands. It's good that you noticed the reaction and are seeking a better fit. Here are a few recommendations based on what other mothers have found suitable for mixed feeding: 1. **Similac**: Known for its gentle formulations that mimic breast milk closely, Similac is a popular choice among mothers who mix feed. 2. **Enfamil**: Another trusted brand that offers a variety of formulas designed to support baby's growth and development. 3. **Aptamil**: This brand is known for its range of formulas catering to different stages of baby's development, often recommended for mixed feeding scenarios. When trying a new formula, it's advisable to introduce it gradually, mixing it with your breast milk initially to help your baby adjust. This can reduce the chances of digestive upsets. Also, ensure to observe your baby's reactions closely during the transition period. If constipation persists or if you notice any other unusual reactions, it's always a good idea to consult with your pediatrician for personalized advice. Remember, every baby is different, so what works well for one may not work for another. Finding the right balance between breast milk and formula that suits your baby's needs is key to ensuring they thrive and grow happily. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

My baby is currently having mixed feed. She will have 1-2 fm feed at night before bed. Rest of the day will be bm! For fm, I’m giving her Frisolac Gold! So far her poop is still runny/pasty quite like the usual.

TapFluencer

bf journey was tough for me but hope u find the right bal soon enough

dulac