Negativity from breast feeding

I’m an over supply mom. My freezer is full of my milk and there’s no space left. I wanted to buy a new mini freezer to store my milk.. however, my in laws rejected the idea saying it will waste electricity. They then threw away my stash of milk(1 month old) due to no space. I didn’t confront them about it but just burst out in front of my husband.. pumping is a lot of effort. If you have too much gold but no space to store, will you throw your gold away? To me my milk is my gold.. yet they threw it away as if it meant nothing. All my efforts gone to waste. I suffered a lot of pain from pumping and clogged ducts. I then suggested to donate my milk instead. My in laws again, rejected the idea due to traditional mindsets. My mom seeing how depressed I am, used my milk for facial and to soak her feet so that there is at least some use of my milk. It did make me feel better but space is still an issue. They’ll still throw my milk away when there’s not enough space. I feel very discouraged to pump anymore. How should I overcome this? Or communicate to my in laws about this issue?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Are you a SAHM? Or are you working? If you are working, tell them you’ll need a mini freezer and pay a small amount of the “extra” electricity used. Or better still, offer to pay $50-$100 of the monthly electricity usage. I cannot stand these kind of in-laws seriously. And what’s worse is husband is useless when it comes to these kind of situation. Is your husband not going to say anything about the fact that they threw away your baby’s food - although your baby has more than enough? Buy a mini freezer and put in your room or mum’s place? Offer to pay a small amount of electricity at least.

Read more
3y ago

Agree with this! I pay for the damn electricity.