8 weeks pregnant

I'm now at the stage of feeling hungry even 5 min after eating. Late eat gastric or vomiting. Constipation and insomnia. Stomach feel uncomfortable to laydown even if i lay on my left or right. I hope it goes away and dont wish to feel this for the whole 9 months.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey mama, Sorry to hear you’re not feeling too good. The hormones do tend to mess up our systems I’m afraid. Perhaps take a look at your mealtimes and space them out - eat little meals and snack in between to satiate your hunger. May help with the gastric and vomiting too. Keep to foods that go down well - some mamas tend to find sticking to starchy food helps keep it down. Try changing up some carbs for wholegrains - they’re high in dietary fibre. For the insomnia, try having a breathing relaxation bedtime routine. If you’re not adverse to smells, sometimes aromatherapy like lavender can help. Many mamas find that it helps once they have a routine. Sticking to it help make the symptoms you mentioned bearable. Hope you feel better soon.

Read more

For most ladies the early stage symptoms will reduce or go away by 2nd trimester so hang in there!!! It means your HCG levels are high which means you’re having a healthy pregnancy. It’s ironical but ya. Hope this helps you see a bit of hope and positivity! I’ve been through it too and felt like I was in hell…cannot enjoy food, disrupted sleep, bad digestion and constipstion…🤦🏼‍♀️ jiayou together!

Read more
3y ago

glad to know that !! thankyou fr the kind words. Hope lasted for 1st tri, but since you say its a healthy pregnancy then i wouldn't mind hehe.