Stop breastfeeding

I’m a mum of 2, my first born is now 3 and my second is 2 months young. I breastfed my first for more than a year, mainly pump and feed, and latch only for comfort. Now the breastfeeding cycle is back, and tbh it is damnnnn tiring.. I don’t enjoy it. To me it’s like a chore, very time consuming and I will have curfew, I can’t enjoy my outing because at the back of my head it’ll be all the time schedule for the next pump. Not just that, the engorgement is a bytch! Omg! Currently at 2 months pp, I’ve dragged my pump intervals to 6 hourly, 10 mins each side so I don’t trigger to produce more milk, and I will have about 100-150ml in total for every session. Now, I’m thinking of dragging my intervals to 8 hourly. But I’m in dilemma of doing it.. I feel guilty for my second born.. because if I do drag, I will produce lesser and lesser which means she will not have breast milk for as long as her brother. Can mummies out there share your thoughts. What do you mummies do?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Transitioning away from breastfeeding can be a difficult decision, especially when balancing the needs of multiple children. It's important to prioritize your own well-being and mental health, as being a happy and fulfilled mom is essential for your family. If you're feeling overwhelmed and breastfeeding feels like a burden, it's okay to consider alternatives like formula feeding or gradually weaning off breastfeeding. Remember that every mother's journey is different, and there's no one-size-fits-all approach. Talk to your healthcare provider for personalized guidance and support, and trust that you're making the best decision for you and your family. For more insights and support from fellow moms, check out Mama Adoptation https://www.mamaadoptation.com/. Take care!

Read more