fully breastfeeding

hi i'm a mom to 3½month old baby she is exclusively breastfed, latch all the way. her output is normal very good and also weight is good. and she is happy. but i just cant seem to pump anything. cause i thought of pumping some to keep on days i cant be with her for urgent matters. isit the breastpump or my milk supply is just enough for her to latch and not enough to pump#advicepls i tried pumping today after 2months of not pumping, i barely get 10ml. and also i tried mixed feeding, bought a small packet of formula milk on days my husband takes care of her. but she dont like the milk she wont drink, not sure if the bottle she dont like or the taste of the milk 😅

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, I am in the same situation as u. Mum of 3.5m baby, have been fully latching. What pump are you using? Might also be the settings, need to try diff settings for best output. I’m using spectra pump and output varies with different settings. Might also be because u pump right after latching. U can try power pumping to increase supply too to pump after latching. Hope it works :)

Read more
2y ago

update, just checked my pump is faulty 😛😂 maybe i will get a manual pump one. cause looks like it cannot work because too long never use. thanks for the tips, will try power pumping.

It’s normal to pump little after baby latch. Just continue and the supply should increase overtime. You can latch baby on one side while pumping/haakaa the other boob. It might be the bottle since she’s only exposed to the boob. Try offering again to let her get used to the bottle. Start with the slowest flow teat as it’s the closest to latching flow.

Read more
2y ago

she can take bottle but she prefers the boob. maybe its the taste of the milk. thats why i wanna try pumping again to store. anw thanks for the answers