Job is more physically taxing is it advisable to resign as im pregnant?

Im in the first trimester and the nature of my job scope requires much labour work like carrying of heavy stuff, alot of walking, standby for any alarms 24/7 and work on weekend for any rectification works. Is it advisable for me to resign due to the nature of the job? Understand that there are no more admin headcount required but it is not easy to get a new job while pregnant.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I would think it’s better to resign if you can manage financially. While it’s hard to find a new job while pregnant, it’s not worth risking it in your current job.

TapFluencer

i think you should if financially okay. if not maybe talk to your boss and see if your work scope can be altered, especially to reduce you carrying heavy stuff.

I think walking is fine, but carrying of heavy stuff is not. Talk to your boss, if your boss cares, I believe arrangements can be made

4y ago

My boss actually informed me during interview, not to get pregnant in the first 2 yrs with the company. Im in the 4th mth of 2nd yr and this is a yearly contract which means i wont get to take 4 months maternity leave here either

Talk to your boss to excuse you from those heavy stuff for the time being. Take care.