Newborn bottle size

Im a FTM and will start buying baby stuff. For baby bottles, esp newborn, do i buy the smallest size (60ml) or just get the 2nd smallest (120+ml) size? Or buy both each to standby. I am aware theres also different sizes to teet for different age. And how many bottles of each do i need to prepare for newborn, can mummies help me out. #firstbaby #FTM

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I bought 2 of the 60ml bottles to allow my baby learn to hold it. It seems easier for him to hold the smaller one at the start and he was alr able to hold it himself at 3+ months. But I also alternate with the bigger bottles so you may want to mix

i would get the second smallest so can last longer, the teat is the more important factor. I would suggest 6 bottles so you don’t have to wash too frequently, and there’s enough for ppl to take over feeding if you need to rest/fall sick.

I’m also a FTM, personally I think 6 bottles are just nice. Enough time to wash and sterilise. I’m using the 120ml size

120ml. I bought 3 and baby outgrow them around 3mths. Baby will most likely outgrow 60ml in the 1st mth~