Shld I go GP to confirm pregnancy before Gynae visit

Hi I'm a first timer. Did a home pregnancy kit and got positive, estimate im at 6th wk now. Already made an appointment with private Gynae but earliest app will be on my 9th wk already. Should I go GP to do a test to confirm my pregnancy?#pleasehelp #advicepls

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i took 3 pregnancy tests over a period of 2 weeks, all positive. made an appt and was scheduled to only come in at 8 weeks .. gynae said below 8 weeks might not see or hear anything .. 8 - 9 weeks is perfect to do the 1st trimester check and vaginal ultrasound .. can already hear the heartbeat and see a kidney bean fetus .. i'd suggewt you take another test, but im sure if your period not here n a + result, you are pregnant . however if u still wana go to the GP to check for a peace of mind, go for it . they usually just test your urine, same thg like a pregnancy test .. :)

Read more
2y ago

Don’t need to visit GP. Just wait for gynae appt. But if experience pain or bleeding, pls see gynae immediately or go to Kkh O&G urgent clinic. Don’t forget to eat folic acid daily