I'm a first time breastfeeding mom for #2 baby now at 1 week old only. past few days she was admitted due to jaundice & for that the nurses had fed her with bottled formula now the problem is after I got her back she doesn't want to latch on I'm suspecting she might be on nipple confusion already. I cld only get her to latch aft 30min of trying!!! i had to use nipple shield then only she will want to latch. I almost want to gave up.. meanwhile I'm feeding her breast milk in bottle which I've pumped or with nipple shield. how do I get her to latch on again w/o nipple shield?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It only takes time and several tries. Latch the baby when she's not too hungry and speak to hear with a soothing voice. My baby didn't latch the first month and I had to pump, I tried different methods and positions and finally I managed to do it! She liked to be beside me, so I laid down to feed her and step by step I introduced her different positions. Takes patience and effort, actually this is the combo for pretty much everything...

Read more