Headache and flu

I’m currently at my week 14 and I’m having frequent headaches and flu. While sneezing and coughing, there will be sharp pain at my lower abdominal. Is it alright for me to take paracetamol and flu Med ? Also, is it normal to have sharp pain when coughing or sneezing.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

this is my 2nd pregnancy, my first was fine and great. But this 2nd pregnancy did gave me back to back flu. Recover for about a week and back again. Took influenza jab as recommended by gynae and it works well for me.

Can take basic panadol. Don’t advise to take flu medicine unless prescribed by gynae. It’s normal, just slightly lift up or hold your tummy while sneezing or coughing 😊

Do you recommend visiting a GP or going straight to your gynae for treatment of symptoms? I’m 14 weeks and have just started getting all of the cold and flu symptoms

1y ago

Hey, just a quick update. I went to the GP via tele consultation and taken some medication. Felt a lot better after that. I also informed my gynae about these and it is common to feel this way and it is fine to take the paracetamol prescribed by the doc as long as we clearly informed them that we are pregnant. Hope it helps

paracetamol is ok