Suggestions please.

Im currently 15 weeks pregnant and always been having hives reaction. Any suggestions on what can i do or consume to stop the itchness as they causes me to wake up in the middle of the night. My sole and palm are also itchy and swollen. #pleasehelp #advicepls

Suggestions please.
7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have chronic hives prior to pregnancy. Chlorpheniramine is the first choice as an antihistamine to help with hives. If it doesn’t work for you, like how to doesn’t for me, Cetirizine is safe during pregnancy too. If you dont want to take medication, you can use suu balm moisturizer which has menthol that will relieve itch. However, this is a very short term solution. The hives might come back.

Read more

I apply prescribed medicated ointment still when it gets too itchy. Gynae told me as long as I don’t apply it continuously for more than a week should be ok as the ointment contains steroid.

Aloe vera gel is safe to use. I find it cooling so it eases the itch. Drink a lot of water and cut down on inflammatory food. Not sure if antihistamines are ok, best to check with your gynae

hii! I used to have this in my 1 month or so. I just use Balm bidara habbatus. You can look it up on shopee. really helped me ease the itch.

Hi you could try getting calamine lotion from guardian or watsons. It helps with the itch

I have it too. I got prescribed medication and cream that is pregnancy safe.

I took telfast. but do check with your gynea

2y ago

Telfast is not safe during pregnancy