Difficulty pooping @ 3rd trim

Im coming to 34 weeks. Past few days/weeks, i do poop everyday but most of the time i always need to push very very hard and strain myself in order for the poop to come out. To the point i sometimes scared ill push the baby instead. Or there are times when my stomach hurts and i need to poop but no poop comes out. Is this common in 3rd trim ? Is it considered constipation ? Or not ? Since i still poop everyday just that i always need to strain myself. #FTM

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

During my 30week, I also have this difficulty pooping , whenever I use some strength to make the poop out , my belly hurts so much that I scared I injure or effect my baby, because my belly hurt so much whenever I push, so 3/4 weeks back I spoke with my doctor ,he informed me that it’s normal and just push the poop and the baby won’t be effected , till now I’m 38 weeks , whenever I poop , still very pain haha .. I try to take many poops a day, cuz it’s too painful on my belly like rock😅!

Read more

Can request lactulose from gynae to soften stools so you won’t have to strain yourself. Constipation is normal. Try drinking more water and eating more fruits.

yes it is very common in 3rd trimester! you can get Sato minica S from watsons or guardian .. i find it more effective than oral laxatives

I had constipation throughout my pregnancy. Get help from gynae, I was given fibre drink. Yucky but it worked