Post partum bleeding or period?

I'm 6 weeks post partum today. Just noticed light bleeding on my panty liner a few days ago when my baby kept latching (going through growth spurt). Is this the post partum bleeding or my period? It's pinkish in colour and sometimes when I pee, I noticed blood clot on the toilet bowl also. Muslim mums, do help me to understand. Do I 'mandi hadas' eventhough I still have light bleeding or wait for it to stop since it's my last day of confinement today. #advicepls

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Iochia usually are more watery and doesn’t smell as bad as period. lochia can come back if you are more active due to increase of shredding of the uterus wall. So in my opinion, it should be your lochia. As first period after pregnancy usually is more painful/uncomfortable and more bloody. Mandi hadas should be done when you stopped bleeding, not according to confinement days. Different women heal differently. Hope this helps!

Read more
3y ago

Welcome! I too thought it was my period as i had intermittent bleeding. Hope you and Baby is well, insha allah amin