5weeks pregnant

Hi! All! Im 5weeks pregnant. And I'm clueless of what should I do?.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Congrats! When I was +ve, I researched on the different gynaes to choose from. I was born in Thomson Medical so I chose to deliver there as well, just a personal preference. You can choose between subsidized (need to wait quite abit for your appointment) or private. Usually they will ask you to come in for appointment closer to Week 7 onwards as if you come so early, you may not see the heartbeat and you get worried for nothing. :) (I went in Week6Day5 and could see bb's heartbeat through ultrasound.) While you wait for gynae appointment, relax and take folic acid / prenatal vitamin. You may or may not experience morning sickness symptoms. Cheers!

Read more
Post reply image
2y ago

Dr Benjamin Tham ;)

VIP Member

Dont need do anything. I didn’t bother to go check or anything until I was 3months(12weeks)! Any time before this they will ask to do a lot of checks like Oscar and all I didn’t wanna waste any money. I went to TMC by that time I was 13w and they still insist for me to do OSCAR and glucose but I insist I dont want then they can’t do anything also. I see no need to waste money and time. I just go for routine check and deliver. I was with TMC WC CHENG (WK TAN) they know me as that stubborn girl haha I dont believe in any of those checks and I didn’t take a single supplements. Baby super healthy

Read more
2y ago

I’m 20 years old I dont think cause of age no matter what age also will pressure you to do all sorts of test especially Oscar but nah i see noo need

Firstly, Congrats! Ok now you choose either you want to go as private or subsidized. If subsidized you need to go polyclinic and get referral to your preferred hospital, they will give you folic acid too. If private you need to book your gynae and buy folic acid at guardian first. Meanwhile eat well, no raw food! hehe! google up some tips on first trimester and what do and don't. Take care ❤️

Read more

I'm at week 12 now and understand how you feel! Your first gynae appointment would be at about week 10. Nothing much you can do till then except to take folic acid daily. I have not had any morning sickness so far but what I've felt is increased hunger pangs every 2h, and the bloatedness that comes after eating has been very uncomfortable for me. Congrats on your pregnancy (:

Read more
2y ago

congratulations to u! =)

u can get folic acid 5mg/tablet from guardian, about $4/pack or get it from GP. important to eat folic acid during first trimester then book an appt w your gynae for first ultrasound scanning. if you're lucky, u can hear heartbeat/ see flickering heartbeat at week 6 but would be more obvious from week 8 onwards. congratulations, take care and all the best!

Read more
VIP Member

Book an appointment. If you are looking at a subsidised route, make an appointment with the polyclinic & they will refer you to the hospital of your choice for follow-up. The polyclinic will prescribe you folic acid too. If your are looking at private route, book an appointment with any gynae will do. Meantime, eat well, rest well & enjoy your pregnancy!

Read more

Hello! Congrats on your pregnancy! Do get yourself and ur baby checked at a gynae then consider if you would prefer follow up at private or public hospitals. 🙂

congratz!! for me i got tired very easily. multivitamin like blackmores pregnancy has iron n it helped me so much. i took throughout whole pregnancy :)

noob question. how do you know you're 5 weeks? From the last intercourse date? I'm unsure from which date i should reference from.

Read more
2y ago

I calculated based on my last menstrual period! =) or u can download pregnancy app. they will ask u to key in your 1st day of your last menstruation. =)

VIP Member

Take folate acid and start to schedule your first appointment with your preferred gynae. Congratulations 🥳