Is teen pregnancy really that wrong? Can I not keep my child? Why do people shame young mothers?

I'm 20 still schooling, but I'm6 weeks pregnant with my boyfriend's. I'm loving every moment of my pregnancy especially can't wait to see my little baby bump. But sadly I have to abort the child before I'm 6 months pregnant. This was the plan because I am financially unstable to support the baby and my boyfriend too. I know I will be fine if I go for abortion but does anyone thinks otherwise? Should I keep my baby? I'm not even sad about having this child while I should feel guilty. I wish I could keep this baby but for now i have to do whats right to prevent shame, isolation or the possibility of my parents kicking me out of house. #advicepls

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey babe, Don’t abort the baby. Every child is precious and while it seems that the path is bleak now, it doesn’t mean there is no way out. In terms of finances - there will be ways. Also, your parents love you so much, why would they kick you out of the house? Pls consider this carefully and don’t make rash decisions when you’re emotional. Have a good sit down with your bf and parents. Talk it out. I’m sure things will be ok. Take care! All the mummies are here for you. You’re not in this alone.

Read more

thank you guys for all the advice, I really am so touched that so many mothers sacrificed for their child despite being unweded. It must be a lot of hard work, I really admire them. I told my boyfriend and he was really stressed right now. He would always lie to me about his wellbeing e.g. he have eaten when he haven't, he kept saying jokes to make me laugh but I can tell that he is sad truly inside. he wanna loan me all his savings but I rejected him. idk how to console him and make him like how he use to be.

Read more
3y ago

Can we chat pm me plz need to ask something

Abortion is not the solution to all your problems. I believe that you can pass whatever trials you may face, baby is innocent and once you done something you can't redo it again and you might regret it for the rest of your life. You can always get the financial support from the govt like MSF. And above all, talk to your parents, you need them the most. there's a lot of pregnant mums out there who was same as you its not an easy ride but definitely you can overcome it. Pray harder sis.

Read more
TapFluencer

no one can tells you what is wrong or what is right. it's your choice, 20 yea you're young you still have bright future your current bf may not be your future hub. you have to think alot not just baby alone. if you want the baby so much ignore everyone take up the responsibility and face it up. people at the end of the day will think you're a strong one. I think most importantly is are you ready to be a mom? financial wise if you have the will you will have the mean.

Read more

Kuddos to you thinking of not aborting the baby 👍🏻 Not many teens your age actually think that way. Do not assume how your parents will react as all parents just want the best for their kids. I am sure part of you wanting to abort the baby is because it will be easier out. However, your partner and you should first take up the courage to talk to both your parents to discuss the best move.

Read more

You should talk to your parents about it. Your parents might be angry initially and unable to take the news but eventually they will stand on your side as they are your parents. You need to also reconsider your relationship with your boyfriend. In my opinion, he is not a responsible person. Is this kind of guy worthy to be your husband in the future? I don’t think so.

Read more

Hi. Having a child is a blessing. Be truthful with your parents. I am sure they will understand. Don't do something that you know you will regret for life. I hope everything's gonna be okay for you. Hang in there!

VIP Member

It's ur life. Why would u wanna let those unrelated ppl affect u? Not as if they gonna fork out a single cent to support u.. No matter what age there is always be judgy ppl.

VIP Member

be brave to keep this baby ,this is gift from God. don't hurt the baby .you will be regret in future.

maybe try to reconsider, abortion vs adoption.