Milk bottles and sterilizer for newborn

Hi! Im a 1st time mum to be. While im hoping to have milk supply when i give birth, i just want to be prepared. Should i buy a couple of feeding bottles and sterilizer in case i do not have milk? Can you suggest brands that are good but not v expensive? Thank you! #1stimemom #firstbaby #pleasehelp #advicepls

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, its good to have sterilizer and bottle. First few weeks are quite overwhelming with newborn and always good to have things standby in case you need it. I m also first time mum and need to top up with formula as my newborn got jaundice and i dont have much breast supply for first few weeks. I bought tommy tippee set including sterilizer, bottles, warmer, insulated bag and the price is quite reasonable and the set is quite comprehensive. Got mine from mothercare during sales and its around $150 i think. You can buy during sales at mothercare or shopee/ Lazada.. I also use avent bottles and my baby is ok with both avent & tommy tipee bottle.

Read more
3y ago

thanks for the tip! take care!

Super Mum

I used tommee tippee bottles, steriliser and warmer cause there was a set. Didn’t really like the bottles in the end cause the shape would cause milk residue (baby cannot drink all due to a curve ridge) and that also made it harder to wash. Avent bottles (wide neck) was more versatile and stable than spectra bottles. I also used autumnz storage bottles which can use avent teats. Depending on how often you wash bottles and pump, I found 4 to 6 teats worked best for me.

Read more
3y ago

Btw, buy online cause price is cheaper

I prepared for milk bottle and sterilizer even though I'm fully latching my bb. If you are too tired or need to run errands outside, you will still need to express milk out for your bb to drink. Good to train bb to be able to inter switch between bottle and latching. I started giving my bb a bottle of express milk a day when she was 1mth old. ps: can get free sterilizer from carousel if you don't mind 2nd hand. Some goodie bags comes with milk bottle.

Read more
3y ago

thank you!!!

Super Mum

Hey mama, always good to standby some bottles. Even if you have a good supply, there may come a point where you would appreciate someone bottle feeding expressed bm while you take a break. 😅 I used avent and dr brown’s. If finance is an issue, you can always do away with the steriliser and just boil the bottles in water.

Read more
3y ago

thank you! can you share how many bottles i should get as standby?

Im using philips avent sterilizer n dryer. Not sure if u lookinf at uv ones or? I do have some milk bottles from freebies and gynae’s clinic. I was previously using philips avent bottles and switched to dr brown anti colic bottles because my ger had alot of air in her tummy..

3y ago

thank you!

Spectra PPSU bottle - you can pump straight into it and store the bottle of milk in the fridge! My 3mo baby girl also likes Hegen bottles. Just don't bother with glass milk bottles - my husband has already broken two Philip Avent glass bottles. 🙄

Read more
3y ago

thank you!!!

VIP Member

Avent sterilizer and drying 2 in 1. Brought on shopee during sale, it comes with free Avent bottles too. Newborn baby is recommended to be syringe fed till breastfeeding is well established to prevent nipple confusion.

3y ago

thanks for the tip!

bottle buy pigeon brand than steriliser you buy avent brand. Steriliser buy avent cause cheap n gd quality. Steriliser u buy n keep cause baby pacifier also must sterilise.

3y ago

thank you! take care!

Good to standby 🍼 steriliser is an option, personal preference used Hegen n Upang

Read more
3y ago

thanks a lot!

VIP Member

better to standby bottles and steriliser, using Avent, so far so good

3y ago

thank you!