Curious with faint line

I’m on my 13th weeks, and curious why is there faint line on my pregnancy test when this morning I try…

Curious with faint line
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is just my understanding. The pregnancy test strip measures the presence of the hormone human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) in human urine, which helps thicken mom’s uterine lining to support a growing embryo and tells the body to stop menstruation. HCG level usually peaks at 8-12 weeks and start to decline after that. It usually plateau during the second and third trimester. That explains the faint line. By the way I use the same test strip too, haha!

Read more
2y ago

Hi very much appreciated for the reply and explanation thank you 🙏 . I’m just afraid of miscarriage as this is my first pregnancy. As I googled up say it’s a sign of early miscarriage. So I not sure. 😩😩 but with your explanation it mean it’s normal for the line to faint to fade away right?

this is the "hook effect", caused by very high hcg levels (normal at 13w) which skews the test reading. simply dilute your urine with alot of water & you'll find a much darker test result.

2y ago

you can do an experiment. test your normal urine sample, then test the same sample mixed with 80% water. if the water test is darker, it should mean you don't have to worry :)