12 weeks pregnancy

Hi im 12 week pregnant and i experiencing a little bit of bleeding is it normal?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! I had bleeding at the end of my first trimester and we went to KK’s A&E immediately. Doctor said that it’s most likely a case of “threatened miscarriage” that is quite common and was given hormone pills to take for 2 weeks to help support the pregnancy. They also did a scan to check and see if the baby is ok. Bleeding stopped in a few days and brown discharge/leftover blood was gone within the week. But nonetheless, do go and get it checked out!! Better to be safe than sorry :)

Read more

I had bleeding once or twice and informed my gynae when he confirmed my pregnancy at Week 6. He did a scan and found a tissue growth in my cervix aka polyp. Immediately, he did a minor surgery on the spot to remove it as it had been the cause for the bleeding. I think it's a good idea to seek gynae's advice or call up their clinic where the nurse attendants can help with your immediate queries. Be calm, and all the best!

Read more

hi mummy! spotting or bleeding in second trimester is not normal. please consult your gynae. take care!

Bleeding is not normal… do consult your gynae