Induce can walk around & eat?

Ill be induced next week. Gynae briefed me that ill be given induce pill thru vagina at induction ward (4 bedded) with other mummies who will be induced. And for 2 hours i wont be allowed to eat but afterwards i can while waiting for dilation etc. afterwhich they will wheel us to our ward until if dilated to 3/4cm then push to labor room. Assuming i have yet to dilate yet, In between will hospital actually give me food or i need to bring my own food? And in my ward while waiting for dilation can i move around ? Or die die need to be on my bed. #FTM

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It depends on your doctor. I was induced with pill vaginally at 1am. I could still have breakfast at 7am. Just plain toast with Milo. I think it also depends on how fast you dilate. If you dilate very quickly and too near delivery then doctor won’t allow food. If you dilate very slowly then you still can eat. I was only 2.5cm by next morning that’s why doctor still allowed simple breakfast. As long as you don’t put epidural you will still be able to walk around (not too sure for shared ward you might need to check). You can bring your own snacks but you need to ask the nurse to ask your doctor for permission if you want to eat/ drink anything including plain water.

Read more

Mine was TMC, I wasn’t allowed to eat anything after they insert the pills. I was starvinggggggg omg, thank god my process only took 6 hours. But due to the side effects of epidural, I only ate like a few more hours later after birth.

I supposed you can still walk around in the ward. only if you're in the labour suit, you have to lie on bed as they will strap you on the monitor.