Is ur boss understanding or accommodating?

Hi, i am wondering if your boss is understanding and accommodating with regards to you being pregnant. I can't help but feel that the workforce here is nt exactly supportive to us mummies/pregnant mummies. Its my 2nd time pregnant and this time I'm in a different company. Both times, i feel the bosses are not that understanding. After annoucing I'm pregnant, im still being micro managed, given tons of work with tight deadlines. Im not asking for no work but with the not feeling well on n off, mc for check up, i really can't finish the tasks in such a tight time and i am trying to avoid working OT. Im not sure how to let my boss understand without making my performance looks bad. Sometimes i also wonder, Govt wants us to give birth but it's just so hard. Do they know how hard it is and have they provided enough info, educate or help employers so they can prehaps treat pregnant mummies with more understanding? Curious to know if your bosses are like that too.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel the same. Local workforce here is not supportive to us mummies. Had a previous superior who only wants to hire guys or single ladies cos he doesn't want our work to be impacted cos of the maternity leave. I also felt offended by my current boss' response when I told him I'm pregnant.