Baby growing slower than normal... anyone with similar experience?

Hi, I went for an ultrasound scan at 7th week pregnancy and couldn’t spot fetal pole and was diagnosed that it’s likely to be blighted ovum. Came back for another ultrasound scan at 10th week pregnancy and spotted a fetal pole which is 6th week in size... understand baby is likely not healthy cos it’s growing very slowly... anyone with similar experience? Can share? Thank you so much.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Based on my LMP, mine suppose to be into week 9. But on my scan, mine is like week 6 which is similar as your current situation. Was told by my Gynae that the growth rate is rather slow for mine and there is no heartbeat as well. High possibility mine might not be a healthy embryo from my Gynae.

3y ago

hi!may i know how is ur pregnancy goes? currently was 12weeks but wnt fr scan the baby only 8weeks 5dys with no heartbeat.So 99percent gynae said the baby has already pass and need to come back on mon to admit. so sad and worried 😫

Hi, in the same position as you. Supposed to be week 8 but baby is measuring only 1/3 the target size and heartbeat is v low.. Gynae said to be prepared 80% that pregnancy wont carry to term. Going back in a week for viability scan so hoping for the best. Wishing you all the best as well xx

4y ago

Thank you so much for sharing. All the best to you too! 🌼

I had that kind of experience. i am not going to share it here . because my story is not sweet. Pls follow all advises given by the doctor.