Baby’s heartbeat

Hi I went for a scan at 5 weeks 6 days and doc said it’s too small to hear a heartbeat, scheduled to go back at 8 weeks 1 day..(am currently 6 weeks 2 days). However, am experiencing symptoms such as headaches and stomach cramps (moderate) and no bleeding... Usually when can a heartbeat be detected? And at how many weeks if there is no heartbeat, it is confirmed a loss..?

33 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

By 6 weeks you will see something flickering which indicates heartbeat. By 7 weeks if no heartbeat then you need to prepare mentally.

By 6 weeks you will see something flickering which indicates heartbeat. By 7 weeks if no heartbeat then you need to prepare mentally.

Got a heartbeat at 5w4d transvaginal. Really depends, my doc mentioned 6w you can hear heartbeat. Hope all it well with you!

3y ago

Mine din 6weeks, 6 days meron na

my 1st tvs po 6w4days wala po heart beat balik ako after 1 week hope mgka heart beat na ang baby ko🙏

Did u see any blinking at the heart? I went for a scan on my 7 weeks saw the heart flickring.

5 weeks and 6 days aq nagpa trans v so far may heartbeat na 141 beats per minute pa nga .. now im 8 weeks preggy

I am 8 weeks and 1 day pregnant I hear my baby's heartbeat on my seven weeks pregnant.😊

usually if hospital can't hear then they will scan. you can see something blinking, its the baby's heart.

I just went for my second scan 2 days ago, at 6w6d, could hear the heartbeat thru ultrasound

VIP Member

saw and heard my baby heartbeat at 6weeks 3days😁 5 weeks are slightly too early