Help im scared

I went to a nearest clinic to have medical attention for my ongoing migraine. I am currently 16 weeks pregnant. Doctor is aware. Gave me panamol and anarex. Took 1 tab each. After i ate my medicine, i went online to see if its safe, i know its too late, to my surprise it is not safe at all. Especially Anarex. Im afraid that i will lose my baby.. im crying non stop idk what to do.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi babe, I can understand why you're worried.. once at 9 weeks I was unwell, I also went to see a GP for my stomach issue and was also prescribed some medicine which I also googled and found out that one of the medicine prescribed isnt really reccomended for preggies. I've taken it the first time and subsequently I didn't feel comfortable taking it anymore. Since the doctor knows you're pregnant at the point of prescribing the medicine, he should have his reasons for doing so. Sometimes, we scare ourselves by googling too much. Thou some medicine aren't safe to self medicate and is not reccomended in pregnancies, it is more often because it hasn't tested to be 100% safe and not because it can absolutely cause a miscarriage or anything. Since it is one time off thing, it should be okay. Try not to worry babe.. it's probably okay.. if you're really worried you can visit your gynae to check on baby.

Read more