Frustrated with MIL

I think the way my MIL handle my newbor bb is incorrect but she jus sooooo stuborn and doesnt wan to listen and act like so experience! She said my hubby also taken care by her lastime so she know how. Example: 1. She left the milk >1hr then feed him again (coz bb cannot finish). I told her this will cause bb stomach upset. She said jus apply the oil to dispel the "wind" 2. Everyday she disturb my bb to wake up at 8am, sometimes 7am+ to shower my bb even my bb still sleeping. Even bb is awake i dont think shud bath him so early in the morning..(so poor thing) I dont know how, even my hubby told her she still do lidat, she always said she vry experience.. lol #firstbaby #1stimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Understand how you feel. My own mother wants to take care of my baby with her own style & pattern most of the times too. Most people will advice you to talk it out , but it doesn't work. Most mothers have their 'theory' and 'history '...lol.. For your case, if after telling her firmly and she still doesn't change. I guess you have to do things your way to show her that you are standing firm on the way how you wanna take care baby. 1. Throw away the milk that baby can't finish. Your MIL needs to see that you are doing that. If she nags/scold you, just stand firm and repeat the same process until she gets it. You need not be rude. Main purpose is to let her know you are standing firm on how you want to take care of YOUR baby. 2. If baby is co-sleeping with you. Can try to lock your room door. You need your privacy too. If baby is sleeping with MIL or on his own. Perhaps you can consider bring to co-sleep with you for a short term. Hoping that your MIL gets the message not to bath baby so early.

Read more

Hi, I think you should really speak to your husband straight about it so that he can discuss this frankly with his mother. If there is still no improvement then I think you should really take strong step and tell your mum-in-law to stop taking care of your baby.

Mommy you need to compromise na lang po. Learn to understand each other. Pwde naman kasing pakinggan mo lang kung anong sinasabi nya but nasa sa iyo pa rin ang final say kung gagawin mo o hindi.

send to infant care