Just tested positive for GD at W28 but had no advice yet from TMC

I just tested positive for GD yesterday, the gynae said I can probably control my diet and don't have to take insulin, and that someone will call me to advise about the routine. No one's reached out yet, and I haven't been given anything to prick myself with. Are there any strict no no's to be aware of? Any harm still eating 1 snack a day if I cut down on carbs during meals? I just received a huge box of cookies and cupcakes and tau sar pia and ice cream, I'm hungry, it's the weekend, and all these snacks are going to go bad. #GestationalDiabetes #pregnancy #advicepls

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thanks all for your advice! As an update TMC called, they want me to go for a full day 8h course $300+, but we are very lean at work and I cannot take any leave until Jan so any advice is very helpful. I've bought self tester kits and will exercise more and switch to complex carbs; my readings so far today had been under 7 so I think it's hopeful I can wing this myself with no help from the hospital. Any other advice is much appreciated in the meantime! 🥰

Read more