Just tested positive for GD at W28 but had no advice yet from TMC

I just tested positive for GD yesterday, the gynae said I can probably control my diet and don't have to take insulin, and that someone will call me to advise about the routine. No one's reached out yet, and I haven't been given anything to prick myself with. Are there any strict no no's to be aware of? Any harm still eating 1 snack a day if I cut down on carbs during meals? I just received a huge box of cookies and cupcakes and tau sar pia and ice cream, I'm hungry, it's the weekend, and all these snacks are going to go bad. #GestationalDiabetes #pregnancy #advicepls

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had GD on my prev pregnancy was advised on fatal foetus and complications, asked to go on Insulin but I refused as I knew it came from my morning sickness phase where I could only drink gassy drinks and keep taking sweets to ease it down. So at 28w on I cut down on desserts and sweet treats for the good sake of myself and baby cos it's just weeks to delivery. Do go slow on ur sugar and salt diet for meantime. Eat small many x to manage the hunger pangs. Safe delivery for u soon! I'm managing bouts of MS now at w11. 🤗

Read more