I feel like the absolute worst

Im 8 weeks pregnant. I can’t seem to enjoy chewing on sour stuff like recommend by my friends who are moms to not feel sick. I’ve been nauseous & giddy minutes when I wake up & mins before I go to bed. i don’t feel good in my own body and skin. I don’t understand what it wants or what’s triggering. I can really feel sick the whole day. I would cry because I didn’t think it would be..this tough. help..I feel like giving up

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Dont give up dear. It happens. I felt sick and vomitted all through 5th month in my first pregnancy before getting better. Sour things may work for some mummies and they dont work for others. Sweet and sour drinks, original milk and hot soupy things helped me better. Sometimes, maybe all you need is plenty of sleep cos you are baking a new life and you need lots of energy!

Read more

It’s normal. I am experiencing the same thing too. I try different types of food. I crave sweet food but I will definitely vomit it out. Then I realised if it’s saltish food like biscuit, cereal, then it’s not that bad. I am feeling nausea every day and vomiting every evening. When I stand up too quickly, I would be Faintish. Hang in there ok!

Read more

Same here. I’ve been feeling sick, low appetite on any cooked food since week 6. Luckily fruits, cereal, biscuit, milk can still go down well. You can ask for some relief medicine from your gynae, for me, it helps to stop vomiting but you could still be having the dry retching. Hang in there, most people start to feel better around week 11.

Read more

have you seen a gynae and mentioned this? will be good to bring it up to see what can be done