No scan for subsidised patients

I am a subsidised patient at KKH. May I ask why do we need to see the doctor when they don't scan and jus ask how are you feeling? When you say all ok, nothing up, they jus give you the next appointment. Don't mean to be rude. If no scan and I'm feeling well, why do you need to see the doctor when they don't even scan baby every time you go?#advicepls

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Actually too much scans is bad for the baby, my checks are done every visit, which i don’t think it is necessary coz i feel fine and scans also shows up well. Unless there is smtg that must be checked for like 20wks and towards the end of the tri to confirm bb position, these scans are crucial that u cant miss. Im 39 wks now my gynae don’t see me since 38 wks anymore only at 40wk for induce which usually they do weekly so i guess if u r ok, they wont ask for unnecessary visits and scans. Routine visit for early pregnancy is still recommended tho for you to clear doubts and get medicine or vitamins from docs, they will still run urine test and BP on you while u visit so yeah good to still follow up with your antenatal appt, Good luck mummy.

Read more