I recently found out that i am pregnant with my second child. Ever since then, my 2year old have been behaving very weirdly. He have been screaming and hitting me despite me trying to talk to him in a calm manner. What is happening?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Have you explained to your 2 year old that there will be a new baby on the way? One of friend's kids (2 year old as well) realised because his grandma kept talking about a new baby and he started acting up. My friend regretted not being the one to break the news to her son. She eventually made things right by explaining to her son that the new baby was going to be his best friend forever and that he will not be alone when his parents went to work. She was also honest and told him that the baby will get plenty of attention when it arrives but it doesn't mean that he will be loved any less. Eventually, when baby was born, the parents presented him with a present, saying that it's from his little sister. He has since taken to his new role as big brother well. In fact, I reckon he's relieved that people are fussing over the baby instead of him these days.

Read more