Insecure first time mum

I am not sure if the way I am feeling is normal. From the moment I conceive, my mil seems to be snatching my boy from me. She stayed with me for about 5 months. Every time I carry him she will ask me to pass to her. Then in the beginning when baby was close to me, she will blame me say cause I have longer maternity than others. Then when I walked away, she will say hurtful things like mummy walked away, you smile ah. Now baby is one year old, everytime I go her place, she will use gai gai to bribe him. So today as usual and baby just crawl to her and wave bye bye to me. I feel heart pain leh. Then cause I am breastfeeding, she been asking me if I have let him take milk powder. I think there is a possibility that she want to make him stay over at her place. I really don’t know how… I told my husband and he say I am thinking too much. But from all her actions I can see she is trying to make baby close to her and to want her and stay over. Using gai gai and go swimming to bribe him….#advicepls #firstbaby #pleasehelp

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hmm try not to take your mil’s words too hard. My mum will always tell me that babies will grow closest to their mummies. They know who are their mummies. Try to talk more with your boy and spend time together. I believe it helps!

1y ago

My mum said the same thing. My grandparents took care of me since my parents were working. We lived together. But I’m still close to my mum growing up 😃 It’s good that you’ve communicated to your husband on this instead of suffering in silence! If you feel uncomfortable with baby staying with mil, you don’t need to do it!