4weeks, no morning sickness. Scan and see nothing. I undergone dermoid cysts removal in late jan22

I missed my period for 2days (3 may), and tested with 3 home kits, all positive. I went dr (i had spottings) on 5 may. I did an external scan, nothing was seen at all 😢 So gynae did blood test for me to confirm on the pregnancy, results back in the evening of the blood test, 4weeks (from last menses 1st day). But i have no morning sickness at all, just headache & fatique. I am worried as I dont see anything via scan, and I have no morning sickness. Anyone can advice me how can I trigger morning sickness? 😭#1stimemom #firstbaby #advicepls #pregnancy #pleasehelp I am not sure if my dermoid ovarian cysts operation is affecting my body. I undergo ovarian cysts removal (4cm+) and 5 tiny cysts in my uterus in late Jan'22. I removed it as gynae told me that it might affect if I get pregnant in the future. I was discharged by gynae after ops in mid Mar. But am not sure did the ops affect my pregnancy now. 😭

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi there, I don't think morning sickness can be self triggered.. it is one of the symptom that comes with pregnancy. And also, at 4 weeks it may be too early to experience symptoms but again it varies for each individual. For myself, I didn't experience morning sickness until week 6 onwards. At week 4, it is quite difficult to see anything with an external scan. Most doctors do transvaginal scan this early and sometimes all they can see is a very small sac at most. For me, I went in abit too early at around late 4weeks to 5. the doc did a transvaginal scan and only detected a very small dot which he wasn't even sure whether it was the sac at all. I was also ordered blood work to test for HCG levels that day and the day after. Raise in levels came back normal and I went in for scan 2 weeks later. By then I was dated 6w2d by the scan and could detect the baby's heartbeat and yolksac. don't worry, it could all be too early! stay positive! oh ya, removal of cyst most likely won't affect unless any other complications stated.. the fact that you got pregnant means it should be fine. most women went on the have healthy pregnancies after removal of cyst/fibroids.

Read more